Post by Eloell on Jul 29, 2021 13:28:51 GMT -5
[ This thread is especially relevant for played Dresmondi characters, namely Camus and Kezia ]
Dresmond had never suffered the blows that Coheed dealt it those seasons ago, and the kingdom had struggled and failed to thrive in the wake of it. The people, on edge and paranoid, ever-awaiting the next attack from the enemy, either moved their wagons too quickly and caused harm to their communities and damage to their wheels, or else barely moved at all, essentially hunkering down in their locations and hiding.
There was great unrest between the people. Where once there was a form of organization and unity to be found at conclave, many of the smaller caravans opted not to attend, and those that did kept to themselves. There was great division, distrust, disunity, and eventually, disaster.
Camus was in possession of the medallion, but he was found at Conclave and challenged. While he was a formidable opponent, the challenger played dirty and managed to best the other man. With the medallion in hand, the power-hungry Dresmondi flaunted her accomplishment before the people. There were many that didn't like that. In less that two hours, she was challenged by another and bested. The new possessor of the medallion had it long enough to preform the Naming Ceremony for the young ones, during which only one fourth of the children made it out alive, and then as he went to find a place to rest he was challenged yet again and the medallion was claimed.
It was chaos.
Conclave did not last a week, as was normal. After the first night caravans began pulling away, many Dresmondi upset and disgruntled. The possessor of the medallion took to a horse and rode off, though he was pursued. In the weeks and months to follow, caravans, even mother caravans, would disintegrate, the people breaking from one another, the medallion constantly passed from one pair of greedy hands to another, until the earth protested. The very earth, presumably in response to the chaos within Dresmond, began to shake, quake, and crumble away. The result? A crater, a mile wide and miles long, splitting Dresmond from the rest of Terra Nova.
PLOT POINTS TO NOTE:
- The Medallion is no longer in anyone's possession.
- This means there will no longer be conclaves, and 12 year olds cannot obtain their dyrs.
- This signals the start of a BAN ON DRESMONDI CHARACTER CREATION. If you already have one, you can continue playing them. You do, however, have a pass to let the character go "dormant". This ban and allowance will last until the time jump in February 2022 (OOC).
- If you have any questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to reach out to me!
- Dresmond will be "relaunched" after the 5 year jump and hopefully in a way that better suits the site/attracts players to it!
- Be on the lookout for the new map!